WHIPPED COCONUT CREAM
- 100% full fat coconut milk from a can
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill coconut milk overnight in fridge (this is so that it firms up and holds a nice consistency when whipping). Doing so will also cause separation-- the liquid coconut milk will be on the bottom, and the firm coconut cream (that we WANT) will be on the top.
- Flip the can upside down, so that the liquid coconut milk is now on top. Open the can and remove the liquid, so that only the cold firm coconut cream remains.
- Take this firm coconut cream and place it in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the coconut cream until it has a nice smooth, airy looking consistency (about 5minutes).
- Once the coconut cream looks to your satisfaction, add in the brown sugar and vanilla extract and whip for another minute or so to thoroughly distribute the goodness.
- Serve immediately over your favorite dessert...or breakfast waffles, french toast or pancakes :)
- OR store it in the fridge for up to 5 days (after storing, upon serving, re-whipp the cream with a hand mixer to regain the smooth, airy texture that everyone loves in whipped cream!).