VEGAN CAE-ZAR SALAD
- 3 cups raw kale (your choice on type!)
- 3 cups red leaf lettuce
- Roasted chickpeas (recipe below)
- Nut & Parme-Zan mix (recipe below)
- Vegan Cae-Zar Dressing
- 2 cups soaked (overnight) and cooked (~45-60minutes or until tender) garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion power
NUT & PARME-ZAN MIX
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup freshly crushed raw walnuts
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- After thoroughly washing off the kale, de stem the kale so that only the leaves remain. Cut the leaves into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Thoroughly wash off red leaf lettuce and cut into bite size pieces and mix in with kale leaves.
- Next preheat the oven to 400F. In a bowl, mix the garbanzo beans, salt, pepper and onion powder until everything is mixed evenly. Place mixture on a glass baking pan and spread out evenly. Once oven is done preheating, pop in oven and let cook for about 10-15minutes (depending on your oven). Halfway through give the garbanzo beans a flip with a spatula so that all sides can cook evenly.
- To prepare the nut & par me-zan mix, begin by toasting the sesame seeds in a non-stick pan on medium high. Keep an eye on them and flip them after about a minute or two, making sure to get all sides. After about 3minutes the sesame seeds should be toasted, remove from heat and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add in the freshly crushed walnuts with the sesame seeds and stir to mix everything. Add the remaining ingredients-- nutritional yeast and onion powder. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Once everything is prepared, take the Vegan Cae-Zar Dressing and add it to the bowl of green leafs. Thoroughly mix the together so that all leaves are covered evenly.
- To serve, place a generous portion onto a plate and sprinkle the nut & parme-zan mix over the top. Top off with the roasted garbanzo beans. A great addition is also sprinkling some raw sunflower seeds and serving with a lemon!
- Yields about 4 entree size plates.