BLACK BEAN QUINOA KALE SALAD
- 3 cups kale of your choice (I used curly Kale in this photo)
- 1 tsp cold pressed olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh corn (1 ear of corn boil for ~5minutes, cooled and then with a knife slice kernels off cob)
- 3/4 cup soaked (overnight) and cooked (on low boil for about 60minutes) black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed pieces
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- After thoroughly washing off kale, de stem the kale so that only the leaves remain. Cut the leaves into bite sized pieces.
- Place leaves in bowl and drizzle olive oil over kale. Use a massaging technique to thoroughly coat all kale, for ~2minutes.
- Slowly begin by mixing in the quinoa, black beans, corn, onion, crushed walnuts and cilantro.
- Next, fill up a plate with your mixed salad and top with cubed avocado, diced cilantro and lime cilantro avocado dressing!
- Serve immediately. Can be stored for up to a day in fridge if needed.
- Yields about 3-4 hefty servings.