ASIAN KALE SALAD
- 3 full cups kale of your choice (I used curly Kale in this photo)
- 1 tsp cold pressed olive oil
- 1 cup fresh purple cabbage
- 3 fresh carrots, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 1/2 freshly chopped red bell pepper
- 5 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup raw whole cashews
- 1/3 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP miso
- 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP Bragg's Liquid Aminos (soy sauce or tamari works great too!)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 serrano pepper (optional)
- After thoroughly washing off the kale, de stem the kale so that only the leaves remain. Cut the leaves into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil over kale and use a massaging technique to fully coat all leaves (about 2 minutes)
- Begin to mix in the purple cabbage, matchstick size pieces of carrots, bell pepper and green onions.
- Blend together all the ingredients for for the ginger miso dressing and drizzle over top of the kale. Mix in thoroughly.
- Serve up in bowls (yields about 3-4 servings, depending on how generous). Top each bowl with cashews and black sesame seeds. Enjoy!